Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Did I Mention

The fireworks??? We went to a fireworks display last weekend. We traveled to Charles Town, WV to see the county fireworks. We thought we would get there a couple hours before they were supposed to start and walk around all the booths they had set up. Well on the drive it started to rain, then it poured. We weren't sure if they were still going to do them. So we waited around to see if they were still on. They were!! So we got out and walked around for a little bit. We found out that this fireworks show is done by the same guys that used to do DC's show. It was their trial run. So they have kept up with it. Let me say it was so worth our 5 bucks to park. They were awesome!! The kids were a little scared, but they just watched them.

Also since our Daddy is having a birthday in a couple days last week I got him Rock Band for the Wii. I was able to walk into the local Best Buy and get one off the shelf!!! I think that is unheard of in Columbia. So now we have a rocker family. Lucie likes to sing or the play drums.


















He is also getting a Daddy Night Out. He is going to go see the new Indiana Jones movie. I am on my own for bed time. That is something we can not get used to around here. You can walk into a movie theatre right before the show starts, you don't have to make tons of plans to get there to get your spot. The place is pretty calm and laid back. It is so nice to just relax a bit. Today I took some local roads home and found downtown Frederick. There are streets of little shops I want to go back and check out one day. Lucie has a cold and is not much for anything right now. Man she can be a momma's girl.

2 comments:

Cami said...

HA! We went to Spiderman on opening night in a little town in NY and it was like that. Jake's sister made so much fun of us for wanting to go early to get a seat and stuff. It was about 1/2 full.

Happy b-day to BJ!

TheScotticus said...

Hey, I am visiting a different base and had time and found a computer, so I thought I'd drop a line!
That's awesome that you are in Frederick now. There is someone out here with my unit who is from Frederick and I rib her about it by calling it "Fredneck". She got really surprised the first time I used that and said, "you've been there too?!"
Wish we could be there with you guys. Be sure to tell BJ that I wished him a happy birthday for me. I would have called but it's after midnight for you guys.
We really miss you guys, but we often reflect on all of the good times and memories you guys have given us. Thanks so much for all you have done for us, and hopefully we can share some more soon. Keep your eyes open for a house we would like that's close to you...:)