Sunday, August 24, 2008

Proud

I know that we are not supposed to be prideful, but today I am. BJ gave his first talk today in Sacrament meeting. He did such a good job. He read from his paper and didn't look up except to look at me. He talked about how much he is thankful of his parents faith that they instilled in him. I truly got to see his testimony today and I really enjoyed it. Max did not enjoy having his daddy up on the stand so I fought with him. BJ had a better time while I was up there and Max didn't even notice that I was. Go figure! Our weekend was consumed of writing talks so we didn't do much. I took the kids to a market on saturday morning to get blackberries. The last time we went to WV someone made a blackberry pie. BJ loved it and since then has been wanting one. I am going to attempt making one from scratch. Wish me luck. We also went to Famous Daves for dinner!! BJ got his financial aide! That was a blessing. So we don't have to pay out of our pockets til December. Hopefully I will be better at spending and we will have lots of money saved up so it won't crush us. We will be moving into our house around then also. They are supposed to start digging tomorrow!! I hope the weather stays nice so they can get going on it. the apartment thing is getting old. I think that is it. Have a good week!!

2 comments:

Tara said...

That is great about BJ giving his talk. I know how hard that must have been for him, having had him as my home teacher and he is so shy. :-) I am glad he overcame this and was able to give a talk.

I am glad to hear that they will start breaking ground on your house soon that must be so exciting. :-)

Cami said...

Cool! That is a pretty scary thing to do. It sounds like you did great. No fair that BJ had an easier time with the kids.