Monday, May 19, 2008

Flooring

Today I went to pick out the flooring for the house. I did this task all on my own so it will be a nice surprise for BJ when he tours our new home for the last time. Thanks to Felicity I got to do this without my wild 2 year old running all over the design center. Now if anyone has ever had to do this it was hard!!! I am trying to pick out carpet, tile, hardwood, vinyl with out even seeing wall colors or even walls. I think we will be very happy with what we are getting, but they are all very neutral. Much to BJ's dismay I upgraded. It bothers him that the builders make all the standard features not the best looking so that you WILL upgrade. So I did!!! We are getting hardwood floors in the kitchen, not vinyl. We are getting upgraded padding and carpet throughout the whole house. Lucie will be about 9 months when we finally move in, I wan the nice cushiony carpet for her and for me. I see myself on the floor a lot. And I also upgraded our fabulous master bath. I just didn't think the little whit 4x4 tiles and vinyl floors would do it justice. So now we have a nice 12x12 tile on the floor, 8x10 tile on the walls of the jacuzi tub and stand in shower. And with the upgrade we got some decorative tiles for the back wall of the bath and in the stand in shower. I tried not to get them but they said they come with and I have to have them. Sorry BJ... It was just so cool I am the one picking out the stuff for MY house!!! Not someone else. It will be the way We want when We first move in. We don't have to change it!!!I never thought I would be living in a home like this. In the Columbia area we would never be able to afford any of this, but in my little pocket of WV we will have our dream home!!! We had a yard sale this week and it has been so hard for Max to see various things that he likes to play with go to other homes, but all I keep telling him is that we are trading up and eventually he will have something bigger and better. I can't wait for us to have nice play set and big back yard that the kids can run in while I cook dinner or clean the kitchen. The kids will a play with all their toys and a tv for computer games. I will have a scrap room!!! My own scrap room with lots of shelves and a big table to spread out all over and to finally get some of our lives put into books. Oh how I miss scrapping. BJ is planning out all the ethernet ports he want to do all the fun stuff he does. We are making this our house. We are so blessed to be able to do this. On a side note Lucie has now rolled from her back to her tummy twice. She is getting mobile and my life is about to change!!

No comments: