Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First Field Trip

We had a great day yesterday. I got a babysitter for Lucie and I joined Max on his first field trip. This month at his preschool they have been learning about their hands, what they can and can't do with them. So they went to the hardware store. It was so much fun to have that time with just him. I think he really enjoyed it too. I saw a side of him I don't usually see. He listened everything they had to say. He was distracted at all. He waited in line very patiently.

First we saw how a key was made. He didn't go first,I think he wanted to see what he was really getting into. After the first group they asked who is next, and he said, "Me!". He ran right up to the stool and was ready to make a key. They even gave him a set of three keys, including a car key. He now wants to open all the doors by himself.



After that we were taken to the "warehouse" which was built around the store, it was pretty cool. They gave each of the kids a mini tape measure and showed them how to measure things. I was told later on at achool he walked around measuring things, but he won't do that home:)




The last thing we did was to measure nails. They gave each of the kids a pair of work gloves. They picked up some large nails out of a box and put it int he scale to measure up to one pound.

When they got back to the preschool the teachers introduced a real work bench with real tool. They get use this all the time. They teachers are really brave. I feel that I am too cautious with him and don't let him experience all that he could.

I really did enjoy this time that I had to give to just him. He really is a good boy and I love him so much. He is learning and growing so much. I am so happy to be his mother and to help him through this world. I just hope I do a good job:)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Awwww, first field trip! So cool. I use to let the kids pound nails into an old stump. Give them some nails, goggles and a small hammer and they will go for hours.