Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Cake

This year was Max's special birthday. He saw a R2D2 cake once and ever since he wanted one. So I tried to duplicate it. I am no professional. Neither is BJ. Together I think we pulled of a decent replica for our first time. Max loved it. We had a little-big party. We invited two families that have kids that Max loves to play with. So we had 14 people plus us here. It was great!! Max had blast and partied til 10:30!!! I didn't do too many pictures, but I got a video of us singing happy birthday and then pictures of his cake. I guess I was slacking this year. I will have to do a photo shoot when Max is feeling better of him. Both Max and Lucie got cold that started yesterday. He is a little horse sounding and not has active. It isn't stopping him though. Paw Paw and Maw Maw came by to visit too. I didn't get any pictures of that either. I was too busy enjoying their company. We loving them around. We stayed up late playing cards...Dad and I won!!!! It was totally Dad, I am not too good at the card thing. Max and Lucie loved playing and cuddling with them. So there is our weekend thus far. Today I am blogging and watching conference. A good day:)

This is one of Lucie's new
outfits, She looks so cute
in it!!

And she is also posing in
front of the new wall color:)

Max opening one of his
Birthday cards


The bottom half of the cake

The top half of the cake

The leg mad of rice krispies

The fondant on both pieces

The finished product



3 comments:

Carol said...

The cake looks great!

Barbara said...

That is a cool cake! I've never attempted fondent. I bet max thought it was the coolest thing ever! Happy birthday:)

Jenni said...

Wow look at that cake!! Awesome!! Happy happy birthday to Max!!