Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It's Been Awhile

So.... What have we been doing??? Nothing much. On Monday we went to the house!! Yeah I know 2 weeks early. We actually had a mark-up with Guardian. They are doing the theater system,data ports, telephone ports, and the home security system. So we walked through all the house and "marked" where it was all to go. The hardest part was deciding where the TV was going. The wall we wanted it on was going to make the center speaker off center, but they are turning it so it won't so bad. All the speakers and such are going into the walls. The only thing that matter to me was that I didn't have a couch in the middle of the family room. So we got that settled. We brought Max and Lucie in. Max was still confused and told us the house is broke. When I asked him which room he wanted he just looked at me like I was crazy. There wasn't much completed since the last time we were there. The electricians were there putting in wires and boxes on the studs. The shingles were on the roof still in boxes. Yesterday I got the call from Ben. We are going back again on Friday. We will be walking through it with the project manager this time. This will be the last walk through we do until one week before settlement!! I was also told that 2 weeks from Friday we will have a closing a date!! Ben told me the middle to end of November. So that means we will start to pack this place up again!! It seems like we just got here. We are so excited to be able to get in to the house.

Lucie is standing more and more on her own. Today she was standing for a minute or two. She is also cutting her first tooth. We are waiting for her to walk. But if you try to get her to walk to you she just slowly sits down. The little stinker. She loves patty-cake and twinkle little star. She will clap her hands and she also opens and closes one hand. the other she twists. She is a cute and silly little girl.


Max has been having some bad nights. He woke up at 3 am on Saturday. I think he was having growing pains. He just kept kicking his legs. Either that it was an hour long night terror. I don't know what is wrong with him. He is also scared of his room. He does not like his windows at night. He won't go near them. He points at them and tries to tell us something, but We don't understand him. I feel bad for him. Another reason I want to get into the house. Maybe he won't be afraid of his new room.

Tomorrow night I am going to a girls night out with Sarah!! He wonderful husband got her tickets to see her favorite band. She asked me to join her since he doesn't really care for them. I am super excited!! I will post pictures of our adventure later.

That is it. Oh wait BJ got a new calling in our ward this past weekend. He is now the Sunday School President. We were a little shocked that he would get a position like that with us leaving so soon, but if that is where the Lord needs him that is where he will serve.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I am so glad to hear about the progress on your house. How exciting! I know you are anxious to get in there and get settled. My gosh Lucie has gotten so big since the last time I seen her and already getting a tooth WOW! I hope Max gets better those growing pains are awful. I had them so bad when I was younger so I can totally sympathize.

Cami said...

Yay! Good luck with the house getting finished up. Oh the trauma of deciding where the TV goes!! (I'm not actually being sarcastic . .. )