Monday, February 22, 2010

She is here!!

Hopefully I will blog more now. It is so nice to have my body back and to be able to do household things again.

Ella Claire was born February 17, 2010 at 3:25pm. She was 7lbs 13oz and 19 3/4 inches long. She like the others was not the 9 almost 10 pounds they thought she would be. She was a good delivery much like Lucie's. It was about 5 hours from when they started the pitocin to delivery. She was born 45 minutes after they broke my water. They of course had plenty of nurses in the room to help delivery this little girl thinking that she was going to be so big. BJ has since told me that she did have the cord wrapped around her neck at least once. He was up by my head holding my hand the whole time. I had no idea he was paying so much attention to what they were doing.

Max and Lucie love their baby sister. I hear her name spoken by them all the time. They are always quick to see what is the matter when she is crying. They both like to hold her, but Max really enjoys it. He is always telling her about how to play Mario, which I think is so cute. She just stares him down the whole time. Max also always tells her good morning when she wakes up. They have both fed her a little out of a bottle, although it has cause some nipple confusion so it won't happen again for a little bit:) Today was his first day of preschool since having Ella. He was so proud and happy to take a picture of his little sister to share with his friends. His teachers are so great to be able to help him feel this way and let him take sometime to talk about her.



Just for your pleasure here are some pictures to compare them:)


Max


Lucie


Ella

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh - I love her name! Little Ella is adorable! Congrats:)

Julia said...

She is adorable! Congratulations!

Kel said...

She does look a lot like Lucy, but has her own look too. I am excited to meet her, but not as excited as A.

Anonymous said...

congrats!!!!

Chelsea said...

She is cute. How fun! That is great that your other two like her. I am worried about Colton with a new baby.

Cami said...

Congrat congrats! She is just beautiful!